Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resting model 1

Back in 2005 I did a photo session for a couple of paintings that were intended for a gallery show. I rented a few costumes from a shop in Amsterdam, and asked my wife Anita to be the model. The photo session was intense and long and it was quite tiring for the model. Now and then she took a rest for a while in a beautiful old chair. The scene with the model dressed in a nice costume and seated in that beautiful red chair was very tempting. I could not resist the scene’s appeal and had to ask the photographer to make a few shots of the scene. Later on I used these photos to paint a series of paintings titled Resting model.
The original painting is in the collection of Museum Mohlmann, the Netherlands.


Resting model 1, 50 x 36 cm (19 3/4 x 14 inch), oil on masonite, 2005

Resting model 1, detail


6 comments:

  1. Very Nice love the detail and the lighting on the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The textures of the fabrics are beautifully rendered. What a pleasant, serene face your wife has. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, Kim - Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. This painting was done when I was not feeling well. Fortunately my “automatic art-pilot” was not disturbed by my illness and has produced a painting I still can look at with pleasure and satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pa, Vladislave, trudimo se, ulazemo napor... Anyway, thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I quit. Petar this is just ridiculous. I am astounded at the whole piece, but the hands and the chair are absolutely phenomenal. This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete