Monday, December 1, 2014

The Book of Giants Kickstarter Campaign is LIVE



A year ago, I made an important announcement in connection with the publisher of my new book on giants, which was still in development at that moment. The time has finally come for the next major announcement:

John Fleskes, from Flesk Publications, and I have launched a new Kickstarter campaign to take pre-orders for The Book of Giants. The art, text and designs are done for the book. We plan on sending it to the printer immediately after the campaign ends in early January.

Please visit this link for the full details, to watch our promotional video, to view more sample pages and to see the original art options that are available.


This has been a "long ride", although pleasurable and in the end quite rewarding. It took more than a year to make this book. First of all, I had to collect all my drawings and painting of giants that I had created during the past 25 years. Then, I made more drawings and paintings, and wrote the text of the entire book.  I also worked on a draft of the book. Now, I don’t think of myself as a designer, let alone as a good one. Nevertheless, I had to take up the challenge of designing the book because I had it in my head--and heart--for a long period of time.  Although a bit vague at the beginning of the process, this vision grew in strength and clarity as the work on the draft progressed. After a few months of research, experimenting with various designs, and hard, continuous work, I finally became sure about the book’s general concept, and how I wanted the book to look like. The process of designing the actual book took almost a year. It must be said, however, that I would never be able to achieve my goals and finish the job properly, and on time, without the competence, skill and kindness of Arpad Terek, the designer whom I worked with on this project for the past year.

Thanks to John Fleskes, who showed the interest in my book and supported and encouraged us throughout the process, I am now able to say, and not without a certain amount of pride, that my newest and perhaps the most complex creation to date, The Book of Giants, will be published by Flesk Publications early next year!
 






11 comments:

  1. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you set out to make me think today; mission accomplished! I really like your writing style and how you express your ideas. Thank you. สล็อตเว็บใหญ่

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable. Therefore, I would like to thank you for the endeavors that you have made in writing this article. All the content is absolutely well-researched. Thanks... สล็อต ฝาก-ถอน true wallet ไม่มี บัญชีธนาคาร

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is truly a well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so engaged in this material that I couldn’t wait reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thanks. สล็อตแตกง่าย

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers. เว็บสล็อตเว็บตรง

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me. เว็บตรงสล็อต

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. เว็บ ตรง

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! เกมสล็อต

    ReplyDelete