Sunday, January 11, 2015

Painting again!


The Book of Giants Kickstarter campaign has ended successfully. We are putting the finishing touch on the book cover, and are adding some binding and material upgrades to make the deluxe edition extra special. The book will go to the printer very soon.  With the ending of this demanding project, the quiet and structure returns to my usual working routine, which enables me to focus on my painting commissions again. I have been missing my paints and brushes for the past few months.

Here is a detail from the painting titled Snow White, which I did about 5 years ago.


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Petar. I cannot wait to get my copy of your new book. I really like this little bit of painting you have posted. I especially like your handling of the woodwork, the window frames and the shutter. I can't take my away from that little zing of light along the upper edge of the diagonal board on the open shutter. It looks like you just painted it 5 minutes ago. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Larry! I don't know exactly why, but I do like to paint wood. Luckily, I had been surrounded by trees and wooden objects when I was a child; especially while living in the countryside with my grandparents. It's a kind of sweet challenge for me to tackle wood in my paintings. It never can go wrong with wood. Even when it goes wrong, it is always right...if you know what I mean. :-)

      Delete
  2. ...Petar´s painting again....and suddenly all is well in the world...

    ReplyDelete